Monday 16 April 2012

Mutated Metal #1

Mutated Metal will not follow any specific genre of metal but will mostly be about Technical, (Post)Black, Drone and Experimental/Avant Garde Metal.
Animals As Leaders are very technical, almost jazz like, instrumental Djent from the US.
Blut Aus Nord is a French black metal band. So far I have only heard the "777 Sect(s)" album, but I'm working on that error.
Altar of Plagues is Irish Black/Post/Drone-Metal. They have a massive sound and loooong tracks (the first track on the album "Mammal" is close to 20 minuttes).
Monarch is an international drone-like metal band, with the current members living all around the world. I told the drummer that I felt they played a unique mix of the styles of "Sunn O)))" and "Earth" and he didn't seem offended so that would be my best description. Distorted Guitar Feeds, Slow (and I mean REALLY slow) drumming and the distorted screams of vokalist Emilie Bresson. Oh and even longer tracks than Altar of Plagues.











No comments:

Post a Comment